I thought this article was very thought provoking. It gets you thinking about how the current school system of the country is so unequal. It is unfair that one school provides its students with an education that adequately prepared them for college, while another can barely get them to read at their current grade level. It is unfair how the students of these schools are not receiving the education that should be standard of all schools in the country.
The article also got me thinking about how amazingly blessed I am to had the opportunity to go to a school that offered me the opportunity to advance my skills as a student in every way possible. My school was truly amazing and had I gone to a different school I would definitely not have the skills and academic work ethic that I do now.
As a STARS Leader, I can address the inequalities that take place in the school system of Chicago by helping the students that I can, reach the level that they should academically be achieving. Every student can make a difference and if I do my best to help a small number of students, they will be able to influence a high level of academic achievement among their peers.
Our service project at Family Matters will allow me to develop my leadership because being a leader doesn't mean leading a group of people, but it means inspiring people to achieve more, be more, and dream more. If I can inspire my mentee to dream above what he had ever dreamed before and achieve more than he had though possible, then I will have successfully developed my leadership skills.
The article also got me thinking about how amazingly blessed I am to had the opportunity to go to a school that offered me the opportunity to advance my skills as a student in every way possible. My school was truly amazing and had I gone to a different school I would definitely not have the skills and academic work ethic that I do now.
As a STARS Leader, I can address the inequalities that take place in the school system of Chicago by helping the students that I can, reach the level that they should academically be achieving. Every student can make a difference and if I do my best to help a small number of students, they will be able to influence a high level of academic achievement among their peers.
Our service project at Family Matters will allow me to develop my leadership because being a leader doesn't mean leading a group of people, but it means inspiring people to achieve more, be more, and dream more. If I can inspire my mentee to dream above what he had ever dreamed before and achieve more than he had though possible, then I will have successfully developed my leadership skills.



No comments:
Post a Comment